Sunday, August 31, 2014

Week 3: #mtboschallenge -- 3-2-1 Sunday Summary

I really want to try one of the Saturday prompts, but usually don't remember them until Sunday and I don't have many pictures of my classroom for this week. So hear is my Sunday Summary.

3 -- Day Weekend
Happy Labor Day! I can't believe how necessary this respite is after so little time back. I had actually been at school for 12 straight days before yesterday's day off. I was helping with LINK Crew and freshmen orientation, then our in-service days, then setting up the classroom over the weekend, then the first week of school. In previous years, we started with students on Wednesday and then had a three day weekend right off the bat; that always felt silly. This year, we started with students on Monday. A three day weekend is just what the doctor ordered.

2 -- Weeks Until My Baby Girl is Due
Monday was the first day of school and Tuesday my wife was 37 weeks pregnant (full term). I already had a lot of nerves and anxious excitement for getting back to school, but the nervous feelings skyrocketed on Tuesday when I realized that officially it could be any day now. There haven't been any signs of movement, so I think we still have some time (due on the 16th).

The strange thing is that I'm not even worried about being a dad. I've pretty much accepted that I'm going to learn on the job and get pooped on a lot. Plus, I'm good friends with the guy that did this (Parents name their twins Ghostface and Raekwon in tribute to rap group), so I don't feel the bar is impossibly high.

(They're pretty cute kids though, and he's actually an awesome dad.) I am most worried about leaving my classroom for two weeks. I am still trying to establish the climate in the classroom and get students to trust me, and I just don't trust my class to subs.

1 -- #amazeballs Goldmine
@druinok and @gwaddellnvhs conspired to share their folder of AP Stats resources with me. I have been following their blogs (http://blog.mrwaddell.net/http://statteacher.blogspot.com/) and twitter feeds and been quite impressed with their work. I have also been impressed with their generosity and willingness to help. I have stolen things from them one piece at a time, and I am very excited to see what they have in store for me, I just need to clear dropbox space.

No comments:

Post a Comment