Sunday, August 24, 2014

Week 2: #mtboschallenge -- 3-2-1 Summary

Hello, world! This is my very first entry into the blog-o-sphere, so I hope you forgive my lack of polish. Tomorrow is my first day back to school with students. I am very excited to see the familiar faces and to meet the new ones.

3 -- The Hour That I woke Up Last Night

There was a 6.1 earthquake in Napa which is about 30 miles from where I live. My wife, the cat and I are fine. The dog was totally freaked out. The only real damage was the booster rocket on my Lego spaceship was damaged. Launch was delayed. Repairs were made. Situation normal.

2 -- Days of Meetings

I think I am fairly lucky that we didn't have to endure in-service training, but we did have exhausting PLC meetings. I told my wife "After the last couple weeks of meetings, I am done with adults and ready for kids." I was shocked and horrified a few seconds later when I realized that what felt like a couple of weeks was only a couple of days.

1 -- Stack of Summer Reading

I read a lot this summer.

1-- Great Year

I am totally cheating because this is my first post so I can claim I don't know the rules (I actually don't know the rules).
My wife put this on my back board for me. She is amazing and continually surprises me. This was supposed to be where my quote of the week will go, but it will be tough to erase that. It's going to be an awesome year.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! Glad to hear the situation is normal after the quake. Also I LOVE the quote your wife wrote on your board. I may have to steal it. Have a great day tomorrow and check out my blog http://middlinthrumath.wordpress.com/2014/08/25/3-2-1-week-2/

    ReplyDelete